|Well, I realized that Kit Kat - that is what I usually call her. Daddy calls her "Poo-Poo" (I like Kit Kat much better). It is so funny, when Daddy comes home, he will say "Hi, Poo-Poo" and she will smile and say "Hi Poo-Poo", but for the sake of this blog I shall refer to her with my term of endearment.
Back to my original thought - I realized that Kit Kat has been getting more of a vocabulary and that her baby talk is dwindling and her funny way of saying words is being replaced with proper enunciations. :(
I want to make a note of all the words and phrases that she says now before they are gone from her and my memory.
She can say the typical things like: eyes, ears, hair, nose, baby, up, chair, ouch, and other words that aren't coming to mind right now. We are all having so much fun watching our little "copy cat" copy what we say and do.
- She calls me "MA!" loudly all the time! I just love it, although after 20-30 times in a row it starts to drive me batty. I'll ask her what she wants and she goes into a 2-3 minute rant of baby babble. Only to finish and yell out "MA!", again.
- "Melmo" - (Elmo) - isn't that every toddler's favorite red furry "guy"? although I noticed yesterday she was saying it correctly most of the time.
- "Baahey" - That's the purple dino (Barney)
- "Juuz" - Usually means juice - can often be confused with shoes (glad she knows sign language for both)
- "I keem" - (Ice cream) - often confused with "I swing" - she doesn't know the signs for these, but if she runs for the fridge vs the back door we get the point.
- "Pish" - (Push) - She loves to push in the VCR tapes, and the clasp on her carseat, and the shopping cart at the grocery store.
- "Boo'sh" - (bless you) - anytime someone sneezes she runs to tell them "Boo'sh"
- "bloosh" - her fake sneeze - afterwards she'll "bless herself" and then thank herself for the blessing. She's too funny.
- "I eat" - (No translation needed) - Her favorite phrase. :)
- "Diss" - (Dance) - What she does in sissy's room.
- "Ow'bize" - (outside)
- "Ow'wize" - (elmocize) - don't ask
- "peez" - (please)
- "dee do" - (thank you)
- "pood" - (food) toy food that she plays with in her play kitchen set
- "da dose" - (stinky toes) that's what we call her toes
- "bopple" - (apple)
- "bo'bo" - (dog) - I think she got this from the sound she thinks the dogs make when they bark. She used to say "dog" "dog" - then it went to "bo' bo" and has been that for a while now.
- 'bih bid" - (big bird)
- "ku kuz" - (popsicle) - don't know how she got that.
- "di chay" - (diaper change) - although I hope those days are soon over! :)
- "bed bedy" - (belly belly) - she loves to poke hers and say "ooh" and if she catches a glimpse of yours she'll poke you, too!
- "pee boo" - (peek a boo)
- "mees" - (knees)
- Peetz - (pizza)
Here are some recent pictures:
Sissy with Kit Kat and some of the many stuffed animals in this house
Daddy making 'Melmo' dance
Going up J.P.'s (big brother's) bicycle ramp. (He has tried to teach her to go off on her big wheel - Ahh! boys!)
Sammie, Kit Kat, and Princess - checking out the neighbor in the back yard.
How many "melmos" can one girl have?
Barney's still a hit!
You'll have to excuse the messy hair this was right after breakfast